Today I worked with my cover design artist. I previously sent her an email with the information from a day eight and we were able to meet through Facebook this afternoon. To between her sending me cover mock up options, I worked on goal setting, which kept me productive and at my computer.
Things I did
- August/Sept – Publish Poisoned. Finish writing edits for I am Lucifer, which will include test God gives to Lucifer. one successful and one not finished well. Have L available for pre-order.
- Sept/Oct. – Edit printed copy of L. Outline book for Nano. Send L to editor.
- Nov. – Write new book. Continue marketing P.
- Dec – Edit God’s Will and send chapter edits of new book to group.
- Jan – Finish edits of God’s Will and prepare for publication first of Feb.
- Feb – Release God’s Will. Make sure Books 2 from Nov. is outlined and figure out major concepts for book 3.
- March – Begin writing book 2. Market P, L, and GW.
- April – Finish edits for Book 1
- May – Buffer Month. I’m doing this to give myself a break or catch up if I have fallen behind.
- June – Prepare Book 1 for publishing July 1st. Outline for book 3.
- July – Write book 3
- Aug – Decide if I like this writing/publishing schedule or if I was crazy to try this busy of a schedule.
- One Time Ideas
- Order business cards, posters, bookmarks
- Set up Amazon Author Central page
- Host a launch party
- Make book trailer for website, for youtube.
- Use magnetic sign on your car
- Ask for reviews at back of the book
- Have %10 of book on instafreebie with links to purchase full copy
- Join reader discussion groups on Goodreads
- Take pre-orders
- Keep paperback books in car
- Daily (5 Days per week, not 7)
- Post to FB, Google+, Twitter, Linked In, Blog or Website.
- Update readers on what your doing (see calendar goals above)
- Monthly (select 2-3 things to do each month)
- Mail Newsletter
- Have a book sale / free days
- Have a book signing at a bookstore, grocery store, or coffee shop (have newsletter sign up at events)
- Send press release to newspaper or magazine.
- Sell book at craft fairs
- Bundle books together for events (can bundle with other writers of same genre)
- Review books on website.
- Feature books on blog, ask bloggers to feature yours as well
- Remind friends and family of book
- Volunteer to speak at local library, reader groups. Send thank you notes after speaking/meeting.
- Donate books for giveaways, include Goodreads. Or advertise profits going to X organization.
- It took about 7 optional mock ups to find a style and everything I really liked.
- I will get feedback from my FB friends and professionals from 20coversto50k FB page, then send final comments to the cover artist.