Everyone hates taxes, right? Today, I continue the journey of trying to get my sales tax permit. I also have plans to set up my author FB page. Then I’ll see how long that takes before doing anything else.
To know why I am self publishing, read my reasons here.
Things I did
Apply for Sales Tax Permit
- I thought I was simply registering on the government site, but I was trying to register for taxes before registering the business. I have registered my business with the federal government, but not the state of OK.
- Once doing it correctly, it was crazy easy. However, I need to wait 5 days to get my Tax Account number to then register for my Tax Permit. (Grrrr)
Facebook Author Page
- I choose Brand/Product so I’d be able to link the FB page to Amazon. My author name is the “product”, creepy but true.
- There is lots of tweaking that will take as I add images and post new things, add links to my website (when it is created) and Amazon links, but I consider this task completed. YAY! 😀
- I used my author bio and blurb from the previous day as information about me. I also created a picture (canva.com) with the link of my author page and featured that image on my personal page.
- And within minutes, I got my first LIKE, my friends are awesome!!!
On a personal note, I’m having surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital overnight and in bed for a few days following. I plan to still do something each day, but my productivity will be quite less.
As always, with love,