Everyday I read posts from the Facebook group 20booksTo50k because it’s great to learn from other established authors. Then I went to my To-Do List and began check marking things I could do.
The temptation is to scan through the list and pick all the easy stuff and have lots of things checked off quickly, but a more balanced approach will be much better. There are going to be days when I am tired and don’t feel like doing much, so I will be thankful to have some easy tasks left to do.
To know why I am self publishing, see my reasons here.
Today I did:
Apply for an Employer Identification Number
- I found all of the questions to be easy to understand and I could answer them with my very limited knowledge of business and taxes.
Apply for Sales Tax Permit
- Google how to apply for sales tax permit
- I misread what number they requested and had too mail failed attempts, so it is refusing to let me proceed. I’ll try again tonight or tomorrow. (See, told ya I’m tech challenged.)
- I got the correct number in, but now I’m hung up on Tax Account ID. I can’t seem to find that information, still searching.
- I had to call for assistance, see Day Four to continue this step.
Downloaded Smashwords Style Guide
- From Amazon
- It’s free.
Set up Accounts (I registered with each location, I did NOT submit the book only created the profile)
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/b2b/info/amazon-business?layout=landing&_encoding=UTF8&ref_=nav_youraccount_b2b_reg
- Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/
- Barnes & Nobles (Nook) – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/
- Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/
- Draft2Digital: https://www.draft2digital.com/
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/us/home
- Square: I choose Paypal over Square, even though both are good products here is a simple link help choose which service is best for you. – https://www.cardfellow.com/paypal-here-vs-square/
For me not being very tech savvy this was a full day of reading and filling out forms, for some of you this might be a couple of hours.
As always, with love,